Nepal Cancer Relief Society (NCRS) is a non-profit community-based nationwide social organization
founded by Late Princess Jayanti Rajya Laxmi Devi Shah in 1982 A.D (2039 B.S) with the aim of
fighting against the spread of cancer in Nepal. The organization has now established its branches in
42 districts of Nepal and has been mobilizing 10,000 volunteers nationwide. NCRS is a pioneer
organization for tobacco control in Nepal. NCRS works in both cancer prevention and its cure.
Tobacco control is the major preventive activity done by NCRS because it is a sole preventable risk
factor for several types of cancer.
Position: Chief Administrative Officer (CAO)
Duty Station and Duration: Kathmandu based and initially up to 31st September 2023 and
possibilities of extension upon the performance.
Reports to: Board of Directors
Salary and Benefits: As per the Organization rule for the position
Employment Status: Full Time
We are searching for a dynamic and experienced leader to join our organization in the role of Chief
Administrative Officer (CAO). The CAO will work closely with the Executive committee, serving as
focal point of organization and as the main link between the different departments within the
organization. The ideal candidate for this position has previous leadership experience o n Fund and
grants development and well knowledge on proposal development and a proven track record for
effective team management and results-driven leadership.
Main duties and responsibilities:
1. Direct the organization in keeping with the vision outlined for the organization by the Board
of Directors and Executive Committee.
2. Ensures that good governance is applied in all proceedings (meetings held regularly,
3. Identifies and monitors relevant internal and external developments and opportunities for
the realization of the objectives of the organization, assesses the impact and translates this
into policy and the development of activities.
4. Represents the organization externally on both strategic and tactical levels.
5. Focuses the vision of the organization on acquiring financial resources, profiling the
organization and influencing stakeholders.
6. Initiates, builds and maintains relevant networks for the acquisition of financial resources.
7. Prepares, in consultation with the Board, the strategic plan in line with the organizational
8. Develops, within the established strategic policy, the annual plan and draws up the budget.
9. Oversees and evaluates the implementation of the organizational strategy and makes
technical preparations for adjustments to be adopted by lay leaders if necessary.
10. Maintains and improves processes, procedures and systems that provide coordination.
11. Guides the work of employees and determines the deployment of external service
providers, coordinating the work and monitoring the quality.
12. Provides an effective working environment within which initiatives can be taken and
encourages others in the immediate working environment to take initiatives.
13. Maintains contact and relation with international networks of Global Cancer Control.
14. Maintains contact with employees to gather information, coordinates policy issues and
15. Maintains contact with cooperation partners and other relevant parties to share knowledge
and information, to obtain input, to influence directionally and to create support.
16. Maintains a network and consults with various external parties at municipal, regional,
provincial and national and international levels to coordinate and persuade for subsidy and
1. Leading a National or International organisation with a complex governance model in a
senior role with 5 years experiences
2. Well knowledge and experiences on proposal development and proposal writing
3. Managing Financial Resources including budgeting and investment decision making on
behalf of an organisation
4. Managing Human Resources including recruitment, development and retention
5. Influencing various audiences through effective use of the written and spoken word
The candidate should demonstrate the following competencies:
1. Results oriented management
2. Analytical, prioritizing, decision-making and strategic planning,
3. Financial management / resource development
4. Interpersonal and group communication, Advocacy
5. Collaboration and cooperation,
6. Coaching and facilitation skills,
7. Empowering people,
8. Innovation and persuasion,
The candidate should demonstrate visionary leadership, strategic thinking, humility, efficiency,
accountability, honesty, focus, passion, confidence, the ability to inspire and energy.
1. An advanced university master degree in social sciences, development studies, international
relations or equivalent professional designation or a combination of education and
experience, is required.
Applying Procedure: Interested candidates send your resume and cover letter to
email@example.com by 13th July,2023 before 17.00 hours.
Note: Only short listed candidates will be contacted for further screening process. No calls are
entertained. NCRS decision is final